A commercetools project is a distinct set of product data and store configuration settings. A single project can provide the data for multiple selling channels.
Projects belong to a single organization in commercetools. To access a project, a Merchant Center user must be in a team with the appropriate permissions.
Creating a project
You can only create projects from the Merchant Center.
- In the top navigation, open the user menu and select Manage Projects.
- Click the Add Project button.
- Fill in the following fields:
- Name: the project’s display name.
- Key: the project’s key. By default the Merchant Center suggests a project key, but you can override this as needed. The project key must be unique.
- Organization: the commercetools organization the project belongs to.
Note: Once you create a project, you cannot change the organization it belongs to or its project key.
- Click Create.
Switching between projects in an organization
At any time, use the drop-down menu in the main navigation to switch between commercetools projects you have access to.
Configuring project properties
After creating a project, we recommend configuring the direct properties of a project.
Some, like the project name, are set during project creation. To configure the others, navigate to Settings > Project Settings after creating a project and configure the following:
- Currencies: the currencies your project uses.
- Langugages: the languages your will display product data in.
- Countries: the countries where your products are available.
- Shipping rate controls: the tiered shipping rate setting, if the feature is enabled.
Deleting a project
You cannot delete a project marked In Production. Once you delete a project, it is not recoverable.
- In the main menu bar, open the user menu and select Manage Projects.
- Find the project you want to delete and click the delete icon.
- Type the project’s project key in and click the Delete project button.
Activating a trial project
All projects are created as limited 60 day trials.
After 60 days, project data is still available in the Merchant center, but you cannot:
- Obtain API tokens for a project.
- Make API calls.
Additionally, after the 60 day trial period, if a project is not activated it is marked with a Trial Ended flag.
To activate a project, contact our Support team.
Marking a project as in production
All projects are created without the In Production flag set. The In Production flag lets the commercetools Support team know that a project is live and accepting traffic from customers.
To mark a project as in production, contact our Support team.