Teams group members of your organization into logical units that you can assign permissions to. Teams cannot exist outside of an organization.
When you create an organization, commercetools creates a default team, Administrators, which includes you. We recommend giving the Administrators team full access rights to all projects in the organization, and inviting at least one other person to the team.
Creating a team
In the main menu bar, open the user menu and select Manage Organizations & Teams.
- Click the organization in the row of the table you want to create a team under.
- Click Add team.
- Complete the following fields:
- Name: The team’s name.
- Click Create.
Inviting users to a team
Users can be members of multiple teams. By default, adding a user to a team also gives them access to the organization.
- On the Teams screen, click Invite members.
- On the invitation screen, do one of the following:
- Enter first name, last name or email address to search for an existing member of the same organization.
- Enter the user’s email address in the text field to invite a new user to the organization.
- Click Add member.
Newly invited members receive an email with a sign up link. When they click it, it adds them to your organization when they sign up.
Removing users from a team
- On the Teams screen, navigate to the team member you want to remove.
- Click the trash icon.
- When prompted, click OK.