Developer Tutorials Overview
commercetools platform tutorials
These tutorials shall help you to get familiar with the commercetools platform and its underlying concepts enabling you to use the platform's capabilities. Our tutorials focus on typical e-commerce use cases you would like to realize with the commercetools platform.
This section covers API and platform level tutorials targeted at developers. Merchant Center users can find step-by-step guides in the Merchant Center Documentation Section.
For you being able to try out the tutorials you must have access to a commercetools Platform account.
Follow our getting started guide to set up your account and take your first steps with using the commercetools Platform.
How commercetools supports merchants to be compliant with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) is explained in the:
- How to add and use assets to save links to images, videos and pdfs
- Using the API with mobile apps or browser apps
- Implementing an API Extension
- Handling Subscriptions
- Use OrderEdits
The commercetools platform provides us with a set of commands we can easily use with the web browser without installing additional software or coding something. To use these tools, you have to sign in with your commercetools platform account you've created before.
The following screenshot shows the login page, main page and the tool list of the ImpEx.
ImpEx is a user interface application for several IMPort and EXport tools accessible from the Commands menu. ImpEx tools are used for
- importing and exporting details related to products, category, customer, etc .. from one project to another or
- to be used with other tools of your choice, like a spreadsheet editor, etc.
- to publish or unpublish products
- to bulk update or delete products
All the tools provided in ImpEx are also available as command-line tools on GitHub to be installed on your environment.