Get your API Client
Before your applications can interact with your Project, you must first set up an API Client.
API Clients include authentication information and permission scopes to determine what endpoints the API Client can interact with.
Objectives of this guide
By the end of this guide you will have:
Create an API Client
- Log in to the Merchant Center.
- Go to Settings > Developer settings.
- Click Create new API client.
- Enter a name for your API. The name does not affect how the API functions.
- Select what scopes your API Client uses. Use the drop-down list and choose Admin client to provide the API Client with complete access.
- Click Create API client.
View your API Client configuration
API Client information is only displayed once.
Ensure that you save the project_key, client_id, secret, scope, API URL, and Auth URL before leaving or closing this page.
Your API Client information is listed under Client credential flow.
Save your API environment variables file
Not only can you can manually save your API Client information, but a drop-down list contains options for downloading your API Client configuration in a format-friendly way for various programming languages.
These configurations can be copied to your clipboard or downloaded.
- Select Environment Variables (.env) from the drop-down list and click the download icon.
- The environment variables file is downloaded to your computer with a placeholder name based on your Project key and what you named the API Client (for example:
project-key_API client name.env).
The environment variables file is a plain text file and can be opened with any text or code editor.
- Open your downloads folder and rename the environment variables file