Project Settings configure specifics about a project, like tax rates, shipping zones, and more.
The Settings > Project Settings screen allows you to configure settings for a specific commercetools project.
In the International tab, you can configure:
- Currencies: The currencies your project supports. These currencies are available when assigning prices to products or creating discounts.
- Languages: The languages your products are sold in. These languages are available when creating product description information, categories, and more.
- Countries: The countries you sell in. Any country you need to configure shipping methods, taxes, or selling channels for must be defined in this setting.
- Zones: Your project's shipping zones. A shipping zone is one or more countries which share delivery costs.
A shipping zone is a group of countries which share delivery costs. You must configure at least one shipping zone before configuring shipping methods.
To create a shipping zone:
- Click Add zone.
- Complete the following fields:
- Name: The shipping zone's display name.
- Country codes: The countries in the shipping zone. You can add as many as required.
- Click Save.
You cannot configure shipping zones for states/sub-country units using the Merchant Center. If you need to, use the HTTP API.
In the Taxes tab, you can configure taxes for your project.
Taxes in commercetools consist of two units: the Tax Category,
- Tax Categories: The tax categories for your project. A project can have multiple tax categories.
- Tax Rates: The percentage of tax for a tax category. A country can have multiple tax rates.
Taxes are configured in two steps: first, you define a tax category and then you define tax rates within a tax category.
In the Shipping Methods tab, you can configure:
- Shipping Rate Controls: Determines whether shipping rates are fixed or tiered.
- Shipping Methods: The shipping methods your project has. A shipping method is a means of shipping your products in a specific location, like UPS, FedEx, or DHL.
- Shipping Rates: The shipping rates (cost) for a shipping method.
In the Channels tab, you can create and configure channels.
Channels connect entities, like products or prices, to a specific source for those entities, like a warehouse or physical retail location.
In the Stores tab, you can create and configure stores.
Stores can be used to model, for example, physical retail locations, brand stores, or country-specific stores. They can hold carts and orders and allow to limit access, for example, to orders of a specific store only. Learn more about our Store concept in the Stores API documentation.
Currently, you can specify a store key and a localized store name. The store name can be updated at any time. The store key, however, is immutable once the store has been created.
The Store Settings allow you to limit the data available in your store. They can be used to automatically filter your product data before sending it to the storefront application.
We plan to progressively extend the configuration options, for example, allowing to specify supply channels for a store.
Languages: Define the languages that should be available in the store. Translations in other languages are automatically removed from all localized fields before sending the product data to the storefront application. This affects product details, search results, and cart line items. If no languages are specified, no filtering takes place and all translations remain in the product data. The order of the languages can be used by language selectors in your storefront application. Change the order by moving a language tag to a new position.
Only project languages can be added to a store. If the desired language is not available in the store settings you have to add it to your project first.
Product distribution channels: Define the prices that should be available in the store. Prices linked to other product distribution channels are automatically omitted from the product data that is sent to the storefront application. Prices that are not linked to any product distribution channel are kept in the product data. The same filtering is applied to line items of carts and orders that are bound to the store. If no product distribution channel is specified in the store settings, no filtering takes place and all prices are sent with the product data.
Inventory supply channels: Define the inventory entries available in the store. Inventory entries linked to other inventory supply channels are automatically omitted from the product data that is sent to the storefront application. Inventory entries that are not linked to any inventory supply channel are kept in the product data. The same filtering is applied to line items of carts and orders that are bound to the store. If no inventory supply channel is specified in the store settings, no filtering takes place and all inventory entries are sent with the product data.
In the Miscellaneous tab, you can configure:
- Recommended Categories: Recommends categories to add when creating a product using Machine Learning. You can configure the following recommendation criteria:
- Attribute: Suggests categories by looking at products with similar attribute names.
- Machine Learning: Suggests categories based on the commercetools' platform's Machine Learning algorithm.
- Product Type: Suggests categories based on products which have a similar product type. For more information, see Category Recommendations.
- Order states visibility: Shows or hides order states drop down lists in the Merchant Center. Enable these if your customer service representatives use the Merchant Center to manage orders manually. You can configure the following:
- Hide payment state dropdown
- Hide shipment state dropdown
- Hide order state dropdown
- URL rewrite for external images: Displays external product images in the Merchant Center by specifying the URL. By default the Merchant Center does not show product images hosted on external servers. You can configure the following:
- URL rewrites (search and replace rules) for thumbnail images
- URL rewrites (search and replace rules) for small images