The Product list helps you manage and search for Products in your Project.
The Product list displays all Products that exist in your Project and allows you to do the following:
- view and edit Product details
- publish and unpublish Products in bulk, and export the current Product list
- search through your Products using the powerful search and filters in the view
You can use it to catalog managers, merchandisers, localization managers, and anyone who manages the Product information.
Only users with appropriate permissions can view and edit this section in the Merchant Center. The Administrators Team manages User permissions in your Organization.
Learn more about Products in our self-paced Product data modeling module.
Index a Project
Only a member of the Administrators Team in your Organization can index a Project. For more information, see Administrators Team.
You must index the Products in your Project to be able to search and filter them in the list. The indexing time can vary based on the size of the Product list.
To index your Products, do the following:
- Go to Products > Product list in the Merchant Center main menu.
- Click Index my product catalog now.
After indexing, the data is kept up to date automatically.
Product list interface
The Product list interface has three sections:
- Product list: displays Products that match the current search and filters, and lets you access a Product detail page.
- Product search: returns Products that match the criteria in the search box. You can use the Search toggle to switch between the basic and advanced search modes. For more information, see Basic Product search and Advanced Product Search.
- Search filters: returns Products that match the filter criteria. To access and view available filters, click Filters.
View and edit Product details
To view and edit Product details (such as Product Variants, Product Attributes, Prices, and more), click the Product from the Product list.
Bulk Product actions
You can perform the same action on multiple Products simultaneously or export a selection of Products from the Product list. For example, this can be useful in conjunction with the search feature to publish all the Products in a specific campaign or sale.
To perform bulk Product actions, do the following:
Select the Products for which you wish to do the bulk action. Select the checkbox in the Product list's header row to select all the Products on the page. You can change the number of Products displayed on the page from the Items per page drop-down at the bottom of the Product list table.
Select any of the following bulk actions you want to perform from the Actions drop-down list:
- Publish: publishes the selected Products.
- Unpublish: unpublishes the selected Products.
- Delete: deletes the selected Products.
- Bulk edit attributes: updates the selected Product's Attributes in bulk.
- Bulk edit categories: updates the selected Product's Categories in bulk.
- Bulk assign products to product selections: assigns Products to Product Selections in bulk.
- Export selected products: exports the selected Products using ImpEx.
- Export current list: exports all Products that match the current search and filters using ImpEx. It is available only if no Products are selected.
Basic Product search
The basic Product search mode allows you to perform a keyword search over the following fields in a Product's data:
- Product names
- Product keys
- Variant keys
You can also search for multiple search terms at once. The basic Product search mode is the default, and we recommend new users to it. If you need to perform a more search, see Advanced Product Search.
The search filters in the Product list are a powerful way of filtering and managing your Product catalog. To filter the Product list, click Filters. Each filter in the sidebar interacts differently based on the type of data it filters. You can also add additional search filters using the Add sidebar filters drop-down.
The order in which you interact and apply filters matters as they can reduce the available results for other filters.
By default, all Projects have the following filters:
- Category: filters Products based on Categories defined in your Project. Use a Category name, Category description, Category key, External ID, or Short URL (slug).
- Date modified: filters Products modified on or within a date and/or time range.
- Product Type: filters Products based on one or more Product Types.
- Status: filters Products based on one or more Product publishing States.
- State: filters Products based on one or more Product workflow states. A Product can have a state only if a workflow is defined.
- Date created: filters Products created on or within a date and/or time range.
Optionally, you can add the following filters from the Add sidebar filters drop-down.
- Product Attributes: filters Products based on Product Attributes defined for your Product Types. You can identify each Attribute by its label. The filter uses different fields based on the type of Attribute and amount of data to display.
To remove search filters, do the following:
- In the sidebar, click Edit filters, a warning icon indicates if a filter or a filter's value is currently applied. Then, follow these steps:
- To remove a filter, click Remove entire filter on the corresponding filter.
- To remove individual values applied on a filter, click Remove filter value on the corresponding filter's values.
- Click Save. If you removed any filters that were applied, the Product list values will be updated accordingly.
Customize your workspace
You can customize the layout (the visible columns in the Product list and Filter sidebar) and/or your searches, and save them as new views. Any changes applied to the layout, search, or filters is denoted by an orange dot in the My views drop-down.
To save a view, click Save as new view in the My views drop-down. The newly added views can then be accessed and applied from this drop-down. When no customized views are saved, a default view is applied.
You can update the view with the changes or revert them, and rename or delete saved views from this drop-down.
Customized views are saved only for the Project the changes are made to and are not shared across other Projects or users.
The Table settings drop-down allows you to modify the data displayed on the screen.
To add or remove table columns, select Column manager. You can drag the columns between the Hidden and Visible columns and reorder the columns by moving the column entries up or down the stack.
To save the changes, click Save settings. To discard the changes, click Cancel.
To modify the table layout, select Layout settings and configure the following:
- Text visibility: displays full text or text preview inside cells.
- Row density: expands or reduces the padding inside cells.
To confirm the changes, click Save settings. To discard the changes, click Cancel.