Teams group members of your organization into logical units that you can assign permissions to. Teams cannot exist outside of an organization.
When you create an organization, commercetools creates a default team, Administrators, which includes you. We recommend giving the Administrators team full access rights to all projects in the organization, and inviting at least one other person to the team.
Creating a team
In the main menu bar, open the user menu and select Manage Organizations & Teams.
- Click the teams in the row of the table beside the organization you want to create a team under.
- Click Add team.
- Complete the following fields:
- Name: The team’s name.
- Organization: The organization the team belongs to. You cannot change this once set.
- Click Create.
Note: When you create a team, you must configure its permissions. Currently you must do this in the Admin Center, but shortly you’ll be able to configure it in the Merchant Center. Subscribe to our Merchant Center Release Notes via RSS to learn more.
Inviting users to a team
Users can be members of multiple teams. By default, adding a user to a team also gives them access to the organization.
- On the Teams screen, click Invite Members.
- For each member you to invite, enter their email address in the Team member’s email address field. Then, click Add this email address.
- Click Send invitation.
Invited members receive an email with a sign up link. When they click it, it adds them to your organization when they sign up.
Removing users from a team
- On the Teams screen, navigate to the team member you want to remove.
- Click the trash icon.
- When prompted, click OK.