Scheduling navigation changes
This is an experimental feature. Use this feature at your own risk.
You can schedule a page folder to go live in your navigation at a certain time in the future.
The time used for scheduling is based on the time in your browser. If you want to schedule a page for a site in another country, you'll need to work out the time for that country based on your browser time for it to go live. For example, if I wanted a page version to go live at 13:00 CET and I'm based in GMT, I would schedule the page for 12:00.
First, you'll need to check the setup of your navigation in your header or component group as this can vary from site to site. If you're using tree depth, make sure you add your new page folder within the trees that are used.
Creating a page folder and scheduled page versions
- Click on the page folder where you want to create your new page folder, then click New and Create page folder
- Input a name and click Save
- Select your new page folder, then click New and Create page version
- Input a name, select a page template if you have one set up, and then click Save
- Set up your page in the page builder and click Save
- Click the more icon on your new page version
- Select Schedule
- Input a From and To date and time (leave To empty if you want it to stay live), and click Save
You'll now find the page version within the Scheduled section. When it reaches the scheduled time, it'll also be in the Live section.
Adding the new page folder to the header component group
If you need to adapt your header component group, you can now go and add this page folder to it. For example, our navigation inputs would look like below:
The new navigation item will show in your preview, but once you save it, it won't show on your live page until your scheduled page version goes live.