Using the schema editor
From the schema editor, you can manage schemas for Frontend components, data sources, dynamic pages, page folders, and project settings.
Access the schema editor
Clicking Upload schema and uploading a schema JSON file.
Clicking Create schema.
Dragging one or more schema JSON files to the page. If you drag multiple files, the schema editor displays the schemas in sequence.
Selecting a schema and clicking Edit schema.
When editing a schema, make sure it is backward and forward compatible. Otherwise, it can damage your website.
Schema editor interface
The schema editor interface consists of three parts:
The editing pane displays the following:
- Number of lines: the number of lines in your schema code.
- Copy: copies the schema in JSON format.
- Validate: displayed for all schemas except Frontend component schemas. Validates the code of your schema and displays the validation result in the preview and information pane.
- Validate and preview: displayed for Frontend component schemas. Validates the code of your schema, displays the validation outcome, and displays the Frontend component preview in the preview and information pane if the schema is valid.
- Schema-specific field (for example, tasticType): for further information, open the Help section by clicking the help icon in the menu bar.
- Code editor: where you can edit the code of your schema.
Preview and information pane
The preview and information pane displays the following:
- Success, error, and information messages: displayed when you click Validate or Validate and preview in the editing pane.
- Preview: displayed for Frontend component schemas. The preview of the Frontend component settings as they will appear in the page builder.
- Help section: displays information on how to create and edit a schema.